Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Red Rice

Here is a simple dish that can be made with basic pantry items.  After researching my beef items, I noticed that this is commonly served with bo luc lac (shaking beef).  Since I wanted to make bo luc lac, I decided to add this as a side item.  I used broken jasmine rice, but you could use any rice and make it delicious.  I am a huge fan of eggs in my fried rice, so I added  a good amount of wonderfully fresh farmer's eggs.  


Red Rice
3 cups rice (day old)
2 tbsp sesame oil
3 oz. tomato paste
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp nuoc mam
3 eggs, scrambled

Using a large skillet, heat up the sesame oil and add the garlic.  Fry for a minute and add the rice.  Stir fry until blended well, and add the tomato paste stirring vigorously.  When it is thoroughly blended, add the nuoc mam.  Turn the heat down a little and make a well in the middle of the pan.  Pour the eggs in the well    and scramble.  Then fold the eggs and rice together.  Check for seasoning.  





No comments:

Post a Comment